Sköna is seeking a multidisciplinary art director and designer to join our creative team in the San Francisco office. You come up with great ideas and design stunning creative for branding, campaigns, events, and digital media. You excel at developing brands, think holistically about brand experiences, and are equipped to elevate our designs for the B2B tech space. You also need to be a team player, inspire the creative team, oversee design from concept to design to production on multiple simultaneous projects and work well across disciplines and offices.
About Our Culture
We’re a small (but mighty) creative agency based in San Francisco with an office in Stockholm. We work with high tech clients, most of them B2B, on a range of creative services including digital marketing, website development, marketing strategy, brand development, event marketing, outdoor advertising, and much more. Our team is tight-knit and we love what we do. We like to do great work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We focus on collaboration to produce beautiful results, we leave our egos at the door and look for ways to always pitch in.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Push our agency and clients in creating forward-thinking creative
- Interpret brand strategy into the development of visual brand systems
- Concept and design for a wide range of materials that include digital, print, & outdoor advertising media, direct mail, web pages, presentations, collateral, signage, trade show booths, internal communication, newsletters, and marketing materials
- Create and extend high-quality design and assets within an established brand identity
- Take concepts, and execute original content, from design through production
- Collaborate with digital UX, producers and developers to extend brand concepts to website experiences
- Have oversight and accountability of design projects from start to finish
- Stay on top of design trends, and connect with the design community
- Represent the agency’s creative ‘product’ – present concepts and ideas to clients
- 5+ years of proven experience in graphic design, branding, digital design & advertising, with a portfolio that showcases a breadth of design work that drive business results
- Expert proficiency in Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Sketch, Invision, Google Suite
- Excellent proficiency in print and digital production, web design concepts (grids, wireframes, UI/UX, etc)
- Highly developed interpersonal skills that works well with a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills and an ability to sell your work to clients
- Passionate about the field of branding, design and advertising, and up-to-date with new design technologies and trends
- Motion (After Effects, Premiere), Web prototyping (Principle), 3D-modeling (Cinema 4-D), Illustration, photography, or copywriting experience a plus
- Creative problem solver and can-do attitude
- B2B experience and agency experience both a plus
- Organizational and time-management skills to work efficiently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
5 signs that you are the right candidate
- You are a creative problem solver – you have an entrepreneurial spirit and you act proactively.
- You have a doggedly curious spirit.
- You are fun to work with – and you have great people skills.
- You love design and using creativity as a tool to help elevate brands and drive business growth.
- You like working in a small environment with a flat organization where everyone’s opinion is respected, in other words, the idea of Team Skona always coming first appeals to you!
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 401(k) plan, paid federal company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Competitive vacation policy
Sköna is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Sköna does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.